Sides

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 13: Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich w/ Celery Blue Cheese Slaw

 

Clint and I love buffalo wings!! For me, I love the flavor of the sauce [especially paired with a good beer] but I don't enjoy picking over a chicken wing...it's lot of work for a little bite of meat. But he really loves them and doesn't seem to mind that aspect.  A long time ago I pinned a pulled buffalo chicken sandwich that looked amazing but the link never did work. So I searched for more ideas of the same and found this pin, from a little blog called Mrs. Schwartz's Kitchen .  We loved this recipe!!! Very tasty and easy! Below you will find my adapted recipe but to see the original visit the blog above.  I made very little changes like using blue cheese instead of ranch dressing, I used a toasted hoagie bun and used a precooked rotisserie chicken that I bought at the store... I always use rotisserie chickens because of the convenience but they also enhance the flavor too.

Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Celery Blue Cheese Slaw

Pull off the desired amount of rotisserie chicken and chop it in small pieces.  I used 1 half of the chicken breast (just the breast meat) and it was enough for 4 hoagies.
Put chicken in a skillet with about a tablespoon butter and the desired amount of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce. Heat over med/low heat until hot.

For the slaw, I put a large handful of shredded cabbage (slaw mix in the bag) in a bowl. Added 2 ribs of diced celery, Gorgonzola cheese crumbles (its what I had on hand) and I used Ken Steakhouse Blue Cheese chef select with Gorgonzola. I was going to toss in a little poppy seeds but I was out.

I toasted hoagie buns, put my pulled chicken inside and topped with the celery blue cheese slaw. Done

This is seriously one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. 
It went nicely paired with a bud light. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment