Sides

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 12: Cake Batter Pudding Cookies

The Kids and I made these back in the spring to send to my husband when he was deployed. Of coarse, we kept quite a few for ourselves. They were delicious!!!! This recipe is. a. KEEPER! My husband loved them too even after they made the week long trip through the mail to reach him.

If you are sending them to a loved one in the mail, someone recently gave me a really great tip. Package them with vacuum packed food storage/saver bags! Ummm...why have I never thought of that?!? She told me that is how she sends cookies to her son overseas and he says they are really good and fresh when he gets them. She also said she will do several small packs with just a few cookies so he opens them as he wants to eat them. Hard to believe, I've never heard that tip before or thought of it myself.

These fabulous cookies comes from a really great blog called, Chef in Training ! The blogger, Nikki, is a stay at home mom who's claim to fame (at least on her blog) is that she is teaching herself to cook "one recipe at a time". WOW, if this recipe was a learning experiment for someone learning to cook, you'd never know it! Its FANTASTIC!!! The blog is really great too with lots of recipes that I can't wait to try!!! 

NOTE: If you've pinned this recipe in the past on pinterest, the pin may not work anymore...at least it wouldn't for me but I had no problems finding the blog because the blog name was on the picture. I'm so glad too because I would have been really upset to have lost this recipe to internet land!

Enjoy!
 
CAKE BATTER PUDDING COOKIES
1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
3/4 cup yellow cake mix, dry
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2-1/4 cups flour”
1/2 tsp salt
sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
Add in pudding package and cake mix and beat until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
Mix in sprinkles sprinkles.
Roll into 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy!
*Note: It is just the powdered pudding mix inside the packet you use.  Just open it up and pour it in.  It is in a box like this:I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment